cover letter

My name is Matt, I am currently enrolled in English 101. Writing has not always been a favorite subject of mine I would like to hope that doesn’t show in this letter. Picking my essays for this was not easy, nor was writing them. All three of these essays spoke to me a little and I hope you can see what I mean.

My first essay is a story about the pain of cancer and the errors of the modern medicine system. Sara Monopoli a pregnant woman who has just recently learned that she has cancer. She is induced labor and put through many experimental drugs. The author begins to discuss problems in modern medicine like choosing when to try harder or to give up and medical expenses. Saras confidence and spirit is what I think kept her alive for so long when things didn’t work she almost saw them as a new challenge.

The second is the argument research essay where I discuss the idea of the “American dream”. Slavery and other factors have made it impossible for racial equality to be a thing. Things like social status can really effect your outlook or outcome of the American dream, Being born into more wealth or to the arms of a more warm and loving family can drastically effect your way of having a better lifestyle. There is no other time in life where you will have more rive then when your young. But it shows that college students and young adults have a 3% higher unemployment rate earn less money and still just as much if not more stress then the average person.

My last essay and the one that speaks closest to me is my memoir of a period of time in my life. This essay is about my personal struggles with depression, relationships and just figuring out my priorities. This essay was really hard for me to start I found when writing about myself I had to many ideas where my usual problem is finding one idea. I talk about my problems with finding happiness, trying to figure out how to be happy, and just to be happy for no reason again.